Procurement People have been engaged by a leading metal recycling business to identify and attract an energetic Senior Buyer for all non-metal products.
You will be responsible for setting up professional and structured purchasing conditions for select good across a metal recycling plant. The business currently has a clear issue with maverick and out of process spend, your role will be to implement a oversight processes to ensure this is curbed.
You will be responsible for:
• Introduce professional purchasing practices into the business
• Analyse and process purchasing data
• Identify and monitor KPIs
• Work closely with site management to deliver supplier strategies that identify best long term
• partners & actively rationalise the supplier base to an appropriate level
• Ensure the above is in conjunction with the wider European supplier category strategies that are in
• Process tenders and all the necessary documentation
• Lead negotiations
• Finalise general agreements
• Project manage supplier implementation projects
• Deliver cost down targets
• Improve supplier payment terms
• Point of contact for any commercial topics for all subject areas on site as well as initiator of cross functional savings projects
To be considered for this exciting opportunity you must have a demonstrable track record of delivering process implementation projects across a variety of spend areas. You will ideally have a strong track record of MRO categories and have excellent stakeholder management skills.
For more information contact James Weaver at Procurement People.