Are you a Procurement Manager looking to work for a profitable SME business offering a good work and life style balance? This manufacturing organisation are looking for a Procurement Manager to modify and head up the buying function of the business. The Ideal candidate will have excellent implementation, negotiating, forecasting, analytical and planning skills.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager you will complete the following duties:
• Developing and implementing a strategic sourcing framework for the production and non-production goods.
• Sourcing new profitable suppliers from the UK and worldwide.
• Negotiating contracts with current and new suppliers.
• Manage suppliers to meet budgetary, stock and operational quality requirements.
• Monitor suppliers' performance and order discrepancies.
• Inventory control and MRP using the internal system.
• Order processing, raising purchase orders and order progressing.
• Implementing a stock bar code inventory management system.
To be a successful Procurement Manager you will have expertise and experience in the following:
• Will be of a degree calibre; electronics, manufacturing and sciences is advantageous.
• Qualified, working towards or some training in CIPS is advantageous.
• Ability to demonstrate solid commercial awareness and strong business acumen within a manufacturing environment.
• Strong leadership skills with evidence of managing a small team of people.
• Experience in the use of internal systems such as SAP/ERP/Sage200.
• Previous experience implementing a stock bar coding system.
• Strong negotiation skills with suppliers.
• Internal and external stakeholder management.
• A strong understanding of inventory management.
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
There is an excellent opportunity and would suit either someone who is looking to improve their work to life style balance or looking to step up from senior into a management position and manage a small team of people. You will be rewarded with an annual salary between £40,000 and £45,000 per annum plus benefits.
This is an opportunity not to be missed. If you are an experienced Procurement Manager or Senior Buyer with relevant experience outlined above, then please apply online today with a copy of your CV.
Please feel free to call Chris Bradley to discuss your application in more detail.