Purchasing Manager – Bakery, Sauces and Dry Ingredients
Location: High Wycombe
Are you an ambitious procurement professional, with extensive experience in the Food industry? Would you like the opportunity to join a renowned food brand with exciting growth plans and a great reputation in the market?
This position is a Purchasing Manager, specialising in Bakery, Sauces and Dry Ingredients. The successful person will be a part of a huge international chain with over 5,000 stores in Europe alone.
You will be reporting to the Senior Purchasing Manager as part of a small team to deliver the strategic purchasing goals to ensure lower cost across Europe.
Responsibilities will include;
• Ensure deals and contracts are in place and comply with agreed guidelines.
• Manage and deliver value adding activity.
• Build and strengthen relationships with key senior stakeholders.
• Manage suppliers across a wide range of markets to contribute to the category management process.
• Ensure capacity planning and contingency is in place.
• Similar category experience desirable, must have experience within a food production company. Preferably experience within in an ingredients category.
• Must be able to build strong relationships and present to stakeholders.
• Able to make decisions while dealing with ambiguity and change.
• Able to work to challenging deadlines and be target driven.
• Must have a strategic approach and a strong understanding of applicable category.
• Highly experienced in the use of price and cost analysis.
• Ability to challenge and push back when appropriate, whilst maintaining a professional attitude.
• Experience of driving business change and performance, and being an influencer of behavioural change.
• CIPS is desirable.
This is an exciting opportunity to take the next step in your career by working alongside one of the fastest growing franchise networks in the world, helping their inevitable continued growth by delivering their strategic purchasing goals. As the Purchasing Manager for Bakery, Sauces and Dry Ingredients, you will be driving value in addition to cost based reduction.
In return, you will be rewarded with a salary of £50,000 - £55,000 per annum plus additional benefits. Flexible working hours are available and international travel is involved to liaise with suppliers. As the Purchasing Manager, you will have the opportunity to grow with the company. This organisation is going from strength to strength, and they believe strongly in the personal development of their staff.
If you feel you fit the above criteria, or just want to know more, don’t miss out. For more information on this role, please contact Kirsty McEwen at Procurement People on 0121 272 8260, or email your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org